Subject: bug#23381: closed (RE: bug#23381: 24.5; browse-url-at-point inserts http prefix)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 21:08:02 +0000

Your bug report

#23381: 24.5; browse-url-at-point inserts http prefix

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
23381: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23381
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: RE: bug#23381: 24.5; browse-url-at-point inserts http prefix
From: David cooper <[email-masked]>
To: "'Glenn Morris'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 23:03:00 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Solved, many thanks Glenn.

-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn Morris [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 26 April 2016 22:57
To: David cooper <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: bug#23381: 24.5; browse-url-at-point inserts http prefix

A minimal example starting from emacs -Q that shows the issue is worth a
thousand words.

Anyway, I'm going to guess that adding "ct://" to thing-at-point-uri-schemes
solves your issue.

(require 'thingatpt)
(push "ct://" thing-at-point-uri-schemes)

Subject: 24.5; browse-url-at-point inserts http prefix
From: David cooper <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 19:58:32 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm trying to work out how to get org mode to open (as clickable links) URLs
which link to another piece of software called ConnectedText. ConnectedText
allows other applications to link to its files via URLs that look like the
following: `ct://Welcome/Welcome`

If I invoke browse-url via `M-x browse-url`, and then paste one of these
links, then the links open as they should do. But if I add them as clickable
links in org mode they don't work (I get the 'no match- create this as a new
heading?' dialogue).

According to the org-mode manual, clickable links are handled by the
browse-url-at-point function. When I try to use browse-url-at-point to open
one of these URLs (via `M-x browse-url-at-point`), it also doesn't work, and
instead tries to open the link in my web browser. 

So I'm trying to figure why browse-url-at-point doesn't behave in the same
way as browse-url in relation to these URLs.

Browse-url, if invoked when the point is on one of these URLs, defaults to
the URL (as per the documentation; "If point is located near a plausible
URL, that URL is used as the default.") However, when it does this, it
inserts `http://` so the resulting URL looks like the following:
`http://ct://Welcome/Welcome`. I assume this is the reason things aren't
working.

Is this a bug (someone has suggested to me that it may be)? Or is there

a setting I haven't found out about to get `browse-url-at-point` to not
insert this `http://` prefix?

Thanks!

David

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)

of 2015-04-11 on LEG570

Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.3.9600

Configured using:

`configure --prefix=/c/usr --host=i686-pc-mingw32'

Important settings:

  value of $LANG: ENG

  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:

  ido-everywhere: t

  delete-selection-mode: t

  cua-mode: t

  tooltip-mode: t

  electric-indent-mode: t

  mouse-wheel-mode: t

  menu-bar-mode: t

  file-name-shadow-mode: t

  global-font-lock-mode: t

  font-lock-mode: t

  blink-cursor-mode: t

  auto-composition-mode: t

  auto-encryption-mode: t

  auto-compression-mode: t

  line-number-mode: t

  global-visual-line-mode: t

  visual-line-mode: t

  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:

Loading cua-base...done

Failed to enable theme: sanityinc-solarized-light

For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:

None found.

Features:

(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode

mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader

sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils

org-clock deft wid-edit cl-macs cl gv info package epg-config ido ox-md

ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element

org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus gnus-util org-docview

doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m

edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib server delsel cua-base cus-start

cus-load advice help-fns org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete

pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode

org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp

org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval

org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu easymenu

calendar cal-loaddefs time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook

vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp w32-common-fns

disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe

tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar

rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax

facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese

tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak

czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook

jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button

faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64

format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable

backquote make-network-process w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:

((conses 8 226732 18788)

(symbols 32 32729 0)

(miscs 32 134 288)

(strings 16 63621 24075)

(string-bytes 1 1803958)

(vectors 8 24433)

(vector-slots 4 546513 5480)

(floats 8 125 170)

(intervals 28 422 1)

(buffers 508 12))

*** E-Mail body has been placed on clipboard, please paste it here! ***