Subject: bug#23375: 11.88; It does not produce the pdfile. How can I mend it?

From: Mosè Giordano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 11:58:30 +0200

2016-04-27 10:19 GMT+02:00 Riccardo Tedeschi <[email-masked]>:
>
> Sorry to bother you again, but before putting my hands in the system, I
> tried to run pdflatex from the command line and it didn't work. And if you
> try running pdflatex from terminal it says command does not exist. Therefore
> what is the best strategy?

I don't use OS X, but I can tell you that you should look for the
directory where MacTeX binaries reside and add it to the PATH
environment variable.  My understanding is that the directory should
be

    /usr/texbin

until MacTeX 2014, and

    /Library/TeX/texbin

for MacTeX 2015 and later versions.  Once you've determined your
MacTeX versions, add to your ~/.bash_profile file one of the following
line

    export PATH="/usr/texbin:$PATH"

or

    export PATH="/Library/TeX/texbin:$PATH"

Please, don't reply just to me but use "Reply all" button, so that all
your emails will go to the bug tracker.

Bye,
Mosè