Subject: bug#23375: 11.88; It does not produce the pdfile. How can I mend it?

From: Mosè Giordano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 21:45:39 +0200

2016-04-26 18:32 GMT+02:00 Riccardo Tedeschi <[email-masked]>:
> Il 26/04/16, 12:55, Mosè Giordano ha scritto:
>>
>> 2016-04-26 9:30 GMT+02:00 Riccardo
>> Tedeschi<[email-masked]>:
>
> After running a typical Latex file I get the following error message:
> /bin/sh: pdflatex command not found
>
> TeX Output exited abnormally with code 127 at Tue Apr 26 18:08:03

I stand corrected, it was El Capitan, and not Yosemite, that messed up
permissions of MacTeX.[1]

Anyway, you didn't answer whether you're able to run pdflatex from
the command line.  If so, you only have to correctly setup Emacs, in
particular you have to make sure to add the directory containing *tex
binaries to `exec-path' and to PATH environment variable (the one
visible to Emacs, not the system one).  If the PATH environment
variable is correctly set on your system (ie, you can run pdflatex
from the command line), then the easiest way to setup `exec-path' and
PATH environment variable in Emacs is automatically inherit them from
the shell with the `exec-path-from-shell' package available in
Marmalade and MELPA.  See

- http://melpa.org/#/getting-started
- https://marmalade-repo.org/#download

for how to setup the two repositories

Bye,
Mosè

Note:

[1] Here https://tug.org/mactex/UpdatingForElCapitan.pdf you can find
some information on how to cope with this problem.