Subject: bug#23369: 25.0.93; CANNOT_DUMP build fails if resizing terminal during startup in tty mode

From: Fredrik Fornwall <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 09:10:41 +0200

Starting up a CANNOT dump build of emacs 25.0.93 in tty mode while
resizing the terminal often fails. May be related to
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22975.

The error message I got when the startup fails varies (perhaps due to
timing issues) between:

"Symbol?s function definition is void: internal-echo-keystrokes-prefix"
and
"NSTATICS too small; try increasing and recompiling Emacs"

Steps to reproduce:

wget ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-25.0.93.tar.xz
tar xf emacs-25.0.93.tar.xz
cd emacs-25.0.93/
CANNOT_DUMP=yes ./configure --prefix=$HOME/emacs-installation
--without-all --with-x-toolkit=no
make install
~/emacs-installation/bin/emacs
# Resize the terminal continuously during startup (may be difficult to
be quick enough,
# one approach is to run "sleep 2; ~/emacs-installation/bin/emacs" and
start resizing
# directly already while sleeping).