Subject: bug#23368: 25.0.92; xftfont.c has got a bug

From: Masaru Nomiya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 16:52:54 +0900

Hello,

In the Message; 

  Subject    : Re: bug#23368: 25.0.92; xftfont.c has got a bug
  Message-ID : <[email-masked]>
  Date & Time: Mon, 09 May 2016 23:45:11 +0900

handa <[email-masked]> has written:

> In article <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> > Ping!

> Oops, sorry for the late response.

> > > > Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 15:02:40 +0900
> > > > From: Masaru Nomiya <[email-masked]>
> > > > 
> > > > Hello,
> > > > 
> > > > With Emacs 25.0.92, Emacs 25.0.93, and Emacs 25.1.50, Emacs start to
> > > > use 100% CPU.
> > > > That is, afetr I start Wanderlust(MUA) on Emacs, and try to open some
> > > > folders in it, Emacs starts to use 100% CPU, and unresposible.
> > > > 
> > > > I investigated the latest Emacs with git bisect.
> > > > As a result, I found that xftfont.c has got a bug as follows.
> > > 
> > > CC'ing Handa-san.  This seems to be a duplicate of bug#23360.  Can you
> > > tell which font(s) are used by Wanderlust when this happens?

> I re-read the latest xftfont_open of xftfont.c, but couldn't find a
> problem.  And, as I'm not using Wanderlust, I couldn't reproduce the
> problem.

Sorry for bother you.

> Could someone please find a way to reproduce the problem on GNU/Linux
> system by Emacs started with -Q.

I tested with -nw. I didn't get any problem. I.e. Wanderlust works
fine for me.

Is this give you any hint?

Thanks,

---
M. Nomiya