Subject: bug#23368: 25.0.92; xftfont.c has got a bug

From: handa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 23:45:11 +0900

In article <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ping!

Oops, sorry for the late response.

> > > Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 15:02:40 +0900
> > > From: Masaru Nomiya <[email-masked]>
> > > 
> > > Hello,
> > > 
> > > With Emacs 25.0.92, Emacs 25.0.93, and Emacs 25.1.50, Emacs start to
> > > use 100% CPU.
> > > That is, afetr I start Wanderlust(MUA) on Emacs, and try to open some
> > > folders in it, Emacs starts to use 100% CPU, and unresposible.
> > > 
> > > I investigated the latest Emacs with git bisect.
> > > As a result, I found that xftfont.c has got a bug as follows.
> > 
> > CC'ing Handa-san.  This seems to be a duplicate of bug#23360.  Can you
> > tell which font(s) are used by Wanderlust when this happens?

I re-read the latest xftfont_open of xftfont.c, but couldn't find a
problem.  And, as I'm not using Wanderlust, I couldn't reproduce the
problem.

Could someone please find a way to reproduce the problem on GNU/Linux
system by Emacs started with -Q.

---
K. Handa
[email-masked]