Subject: 24.5; find-grep repeat

From: Nick Roosevelt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 14:27:35 -0700

I do a find-grep, and it's great.  The buffer is compilation mode and
everything.  But I often want to do the same search again after doing
some editing.  Most of the time, for compilation mode, when I try again,
it would have the same compile command.  Not in find-grep.  In other
modes, a simple 'g' would redo it, but in the find-grep, it does
something else (It seems to me that it used to try to do a compile with
`make -k` but now it seems to want to save the buffer.)  A stackoverflow
user suggested filing a bug report
(
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35808207/how-can-i-easily-repeat-emacs-find-grep
),
so here it is.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin14.4.0)
of 2015-08-11 on yosemitevm.local
Configured using:
`configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.5
--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.5/share/info/emacs --with-xml2
--without-dbus --without-gnutls --without-x --without-ns'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Ruby

Minor modes in effect:
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  rspec-verifiable-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Quit
Grep finished (matches found)
*grep* finished

ESC C-M-g is undefined
Quit [2 times]
Grep finished (matches found)
*grep* finished

Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/Users/nroose/.emacs.d/elpa/dash-20140811.523/dash hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/dash-emacs/dash
/Users/nroose/.emacs.d/elpa/dash-functional-20150828.413/dash-functional
hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/dash-emacs/dash-functional
~nroose/emacs/cl-lib hides
/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.5/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-lib

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail grep coffee-mode misearch
multi-isearch ibuf-ext ibuffer vc-git slim-mode xterm magit-version
flycheck find-func rx pcase subr-x .emacs web-mode disp-table rubocop
feature-mode cucumber-mode rspec-mode compile info flycheck-autoloads
dash-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads magit-blame magit-stash
magit-bisect magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit package
epg-config magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode
magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-process
magit-popup magit-mode help-mode magit-git crm magit-section magit-utils
git-commit with-editor async-bytecomp async tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat
auth-source eieio eieio-core gnus-util password-cache tramp-loaddefs
trampver shell pcomplete server dash haml-mode js time-date advice
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv json imenu cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs css-mode ruby-mode smie sql-indent sql view thingatpt csh-mode
yaml-mode time image rdebug gud tool-bar comint regexp-opt ansi-color
rcov psvn derived wid-edit cl-macs cl gv log-edit message format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader ring pcvs-util add-log diff-mode
easy-mmode pp elp ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help
ediff-init ediff-util dired easymenu bindings-config edmacro kmacro
cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 355530 25362)
(symbols 48 36100 0)
(miscs 40 2380 1816)
(strings 32 80035 8501)
(string-bytes 1 2397100)
(vectors 16 29393)
(vector-slots 8 568117 8953)
(floats 8 157 821)
(intervals 56 6460 259)
(buffers 960 30))