Subject: bug#23343: 25.0.93; [PATCH] URI schemes are not regexp-quoted for `goto-address-url-regexp'

From: Phil Sainty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 01:48:10 +1200

On 24/04/16 23:36, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
 > Having variable defaults depend on each other can be awkward, especially
 > when it's the "first" variable that users will realistically be
 > tweaking.

Yes indeed. I don't especially like the way I've done it -- but it
seemed like an improvement, nevertheless.

 >> +(defvar goto-address-uri-schemes
 >
 > I don't much value to this "intermediate" variable.  It just makes
 > things even more complicated to work with, I think.

It's true that this one is an intermediate by default; but it's one
which users might potentially want to set in order to say "I don't
care about the default schemes at all; I only want the specific
schemes I've specified here to be matched."

So of the two new variables I'm adding, a user might set one or the
other depending on their needs. That was my line of thought, anyhow.

-Phil