Subject: Re: bug#23342: 25.0.92; Gnus doesn't honor nnimap-address

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 11:30:55 +0200

Does this patch help?

Andreas.

Index: emacs-25.0.92/lisp/gnus/gnus-group.el
===================================================================
--- emacs-25.0.92.orig/lisp/gnus/gnus-group.el
+++ emacs-25.0.92/lisp/gnus/gnus-group.el
@@ -4109,9 +4109,14 @@ If DONT-SCAN is non-nil, scan non-activa
       (gnus-group-remove-mark group)
       ;; Bypass any previous denials from the server.
       (gnus-remove-denial (setq method (gnus-find-method-for-group group)))
-      (if (or (and (not dont-scan)
-		   (gnus-request-group-scan group (gnus-get-info group)))
-	      (gnus-activate-group group (if dont-scan nil 'scan) nil method))
+      (if (if (and (not dont-scan)
+		   ;; Prefer request-group-scan if the backend supports it.
+		   (gnus-check-backend-function 'request-group-scan group))
+	      (progn
+		;; Ensure that the server is already open.
+		(gnus-activate-group group nil nil method)
+		(gnus-request-group-scan group (gnus-get-info group)))
+	    (gnus-activate-group group (if dont-scan nil 'scan) nil method))
 	  (let ((info (gnus-get-info group))
 		(active (gnus-active group)))
 	    (when info

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."