Subject: Re: bug#23336: 24.3; dbus-register-signal misparses :argN arguments

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 20:29:47 +0200

Version: 25.1

Joel Ray Holveck <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Joel,

> The following expression raises an error of type "wrong-type-argument":
>
>     (dbus-register-signal :system "com.ubuntu.Upstart"
> "/com/ubuntu/Upstart/jobs/network_2dinterface"
> "com.ubuntu.Upstart0_6.Job" "InstanceAdded" 'rwv-handle-intf-up :arg0
> "/com/ubuntu/Upstart/jobs/network_2dinterface/cscotun0")

Thank you for this bug report. It looks like the problem has been fixed
already last year with the following commit:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
commit b206b9d73728dec9b71a41ac4e1622ec795d6fd0
Author: Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Feb 26 11:01:10 2015 +0900

    dbus.el: fix ":argN" keyword recognition
    
    * net/dbus.el (dbus-register-signal): Convert "N" of ":argN" to
    integer before comparison.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I've checked with the pretest version of Emacs 25.1, and your example
does not show any error indeed.

So I'm closing this bug report for Emacs 25.1.

Best regards, Michael.