Subject: bug#23334: 25.0.92; What's the replacement for assoc*

From: Live System User <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 14:25:15 -0400

Hi,

I upgraded to Emacs 25 pretest and some elisp I was using now
gives me the error:

    cdr: Symbol’s function definition is void: assoc*

I looked in NEWS ('view-emacs-news') but didn't see anything
about its removal nor a recommendation on its replacement
functionality.

Can you provide me any guidance?

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.92.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.7)
 of 2016-03-03 built on copr-builder-919644472.novalocal
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11799901
Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -grecord-gcc-switches -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1
 -m64 -mtune=generic' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
<mouse-7> is undefined [2 times]
<double-mouse-7> is undefined
<triple-mouse-7> is undefined [2 times]
<mouse-7> is undefined [2 times]
<double-mouse-7> is undefined
<triple-mouse-7> is undefined
<mouse-7> is undefined
<double-mouse-7> is undefined
<triple-mouse-7> is undefined [3 times]
<mouse-7> is undefined

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/lisp/ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/net/ntlm

Features:
(noutline outline easy-mmode view kmacro two-column iso-transl gnus-cite
smiley ansi-color shr-color color url-util url-parse url-vars shr seq
dom subr-x browse-url mm-archive gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml
disp-table cursor-sensor nndraft nnmh nndoc nnfolder utf-7 rfc2104
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap nntp gnus-cache debug
network-stream nsm starttls mailalias smtpmail qp character-fold
misearch multi-isearch pp shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail
epa-file epa derived auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv sieve sieve-mode
sieve-manage password-cache nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message idna dired format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems wid-edit nnoo nnheader gnus-util
mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr
mail-utils time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 301774 62707)
 (symbols 48 122786 0)
 (miscs 40 313 796)
 (strings 32 101679 5364)
 (string-bytes 1 3481158)
 (vectors 16 29103)
 (vector-slots 8 1107078 74839)
 (floats 8 570 1123)
 (intervals 56 6047 0)
 (buffers 976 67)
 (heap 1024 80652 10113))