Subject: Re: 25.1.50; eww: Symbol’s value as variable is void: url-http-response-status

From: Tao Fang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 01:20:20 +0800

Hi, Michael

> I guess this is related to (sorry if I'm wrong)
No, you don't. It's a reasonable doubt. Thanks for your report!

> Here is a URL for that I can reproduce the problem:
>
>   https://lite.qwant.com/?t=images&q=test
I'm assuming the reproduce step of this issue is: using eww open that
url directly after starting up emacs with "emacs -Q" ?

> Configured features:
> XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
> LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11
I've noticed that your configure doesn't have "GNUTLS" support, if
you're using "url-proxy-services", it will produce message like "error:
gnutls support needed" in buffer "*Messages*" (which I got when trying
to reproduce this with same configure).

> Repository revision: d6ea6453f3d1696b9e6cd0a0222fc77dc646365c
I've compiled emacs with git commit
d6ea6453f3d1696b9e6cd0a0222fc77dc646365c and configure
"--without-gnutls" but didn't reproduce this.
And I had also tried to set up a proxy
(https://github.com/tinyproxy/tinyproxy), and still no luck with some
simple test.

Can you provide more information about this? With following settings:
    (setq debug-on-error t)
    (setq url-debug 1)
and when the problem occurs, save the content of buffer "*Messages*"
and "*Backtrace*", then paste it here?

There is also a bug report bug#23225, I don't know if it's related to
this commit, but I will try to work it out.

Thanks!

-- 
Emacs/Gnus