Subject: bug#5644: closed (Re: bug#23289: 25.1.50; Make C-h S ('info-lookup-symbol') support more manuals in emacs-lisp-mode?)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 11:23:03 +0000

Your bug report

#23289: 23.1.92; info-lookup-symbol doesn't show CL package documentation.

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
23289: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23289
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#23289: 25.1.50; Make C-h S ('info-lookup-symbol') support more manuals in emacs-lisp-mode?
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Chunyang Xu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 14:21:40 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 21:45:09 +0800
> From: Chunyang Xu <[email-masked]>
> 
> In emacs-lisp-mode buffer, C-h S can find symbol from emacs and elisp
> info manual, but I find cl-lib is used a lot in many places, so I want
> C-h S works for symbols from cl-lib info manual too.

Thanks, fixed.

Subject: 23.1.92; info-lookup-symbol doesn't show CL package documentation.
From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:12:08 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi all,
C-h S is unable to show documentation of the CL package.

Reproduce:

Try to get documentation of position or remove-if or any function coming
from cl with C-h S.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.92.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.6)
 of 2010-02-18 on tux
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10605000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr' '--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--program-suffix=-emacs-23-vcs' '--infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-23-vcs' '--with-sound' '--with-x' '--without-gconf' '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--with-gif' '--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff' '--with-xpm' '--with-xft' '--without-libotf' '--without-m17n-flt' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--without-hesiod' '--without-kerberos' '--without-kerberos5' '--with-gpm' '--with-dbus' 'build_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-march=i686 -pipe -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: C
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  partial-completion-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  outline-minor-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
) C-e <backspace> <return> C-x C-² M-: M-p C-k C-g 
<return> <return> C-y <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <return> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <return> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <return> <up> <up> 
<up> <left> <left> <left> <left> C-SPC C-n C-n C-n 
C-n M-w C-z n C-h c C-h S M-x r e p o r <return>

Recent messages:
nil
Evaluating...
See buffer *Pp Eval Output*.
Quit
Mark set
Mark activated
Auto-saving...done
Collecting symbols...done
C-h S runs the command info-lookup-symbol

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionary/lpath hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacs-wget/lpath
/home/thierry/elisp/lua-mode/lua-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lua-mode/lua-mode
~/elisp/g-client/json hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/json
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hex-util hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/hex-util
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sha1 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/sha1
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/md4 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/md4
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ruby-mode/ruby-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/net/ntlm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/net/hmac-def
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/net/sasl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
~/elisp/emms/lisp/tq hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow emacsbug help-mode view w3m-form w3m-tabmenu w3m-session
starttls mailalias smtpmail newcomment epa-mail gnus-fun bbdb-hooks
gnus-cite smiley gnus-ml w3m-cookie sb-emacswiki sb-rss url-cache
url-http tls url-gw url-auth url-handlers nnrss parse-time nnfolder nnml
nndraft nnmh bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-cache gnus-demon gnus-namazu
gnus-dired nnshimbun shimbun luna eword-encode eword-decode std11 mel
path-util mime-def mcharset mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces pces-e20 pces-20 broken
pcustom poe gnus-bcklg spam spam-stat gnus-uu yenc gnus-msg gnus-alias
vc-rcs xhg-dvc xhg xhg-annotate xhg-mq xhg-log tla smerge-mode dvc-state
dvc-config dvc-diff dvc-fileinfo diff dvc-cmenu dvc-about dvc-version
dvc-revlist uniquify align-let bzr-core cg-core xdarcs-core xgit-core
xhg-core xmtn-minimal server csv2org eieio zop-to-char wave-list
wave-display wave-client json g g-cus-load elscreen-server
elscreen-dired elscreen-w3m undo-tree smallurl mm-url xml-weather
rectangle-utils windmove sdcv woof screenshot auto-document eiv tv-utils
eldoc pcvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs showtip delsel
init-anything-thierry descbinds-anything anything-ipython ipython
executable anything-grep grep anything-dabbrev-expand dabbrev
shell-history anything-complete anything-show-completion anything-etags
anything-match-plugin etags anything-traverse anything-delicious
anything-mercurial anything-config w3m-bookmark mule-util alist pym
static apel-ver product elscreen rx anything firefox-protocol
bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions bookmark install-elisp
find-func mb-depth traverselisp thumb-page moz stumpwm-mode cl-info
slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-xref-browser slime-scratch
slime-presentations slime-highlight-edits slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-parse slime-repl slime apropos hideshow hyperspec thingatpt
slime-autoloads bbdb-autoloads bbdb-gui bbdb-com bbdb boxquote rect
image-file tramp-imap tramp-gw tramp-fish tramp-smb tramp-cache
tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp shell tramp-compat trampver complete
newsticker newst-treeview tree-widget newst-plainview newst-reader
newst-ticker newst-backend ledger pcomplete esh-arg esh-util extview lpr
woman man assoc two-column shell-command em-term term ehelp electric
esh-toggle em-xtra dirtrack flymake pdbtrack pycomplete python-mode
info-look ansi-color pymacs no-word regex-tool whitespace htmlfontify
text-translator-load paren battery time dired-tar compile comint
diredp-minimal image-dired dired-details yaoddmuse skeleton sgml-mode
emms-mpd-config emms-lastfm-client xml emms-cue emms-playlist-limit
emms-volume emms-volume-amixer emms-tag-editor emms-i18n emms-mark
emms-history emms-bookmarks emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort
emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq
emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url emms-mode-line emms-cache
emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc
emms-player-mplayer emms-info emms-streams later-do emms-source-playlist
emms-source-file emms-player-simple emms-setup emms emms-compat winner
dvc-init bzr-gnus tla-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view smime dig dvc-gnus tla-core pp tla-autoconf tla-defs dvc-log vc
vc-dispatcher dvc-unified dvc-tips dired-x dired-aux ffap ediff-merg
ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff
dvc-autoloads dvc-core dvc-lisp dvc-buffers dvc-ui dvc-register
dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs dvc-site psvn log-edit ring pcvs-util
add-log diff-mode htmlize-hack htmlize muse-colors muse-docbook
muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo muse-latex muse-html muse-xml-common
muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start cus-load muse-publish muse-project
muse-protocols muse-regexps muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode
muse-autoloads org-config-thierry cal-china lunar solar cal-dst
cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs vc-hg org-wl
org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs
org-html org-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus org-bibtex org-bbdb
org-agenda appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
org-annotation-helper url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-util url-parse url-vars remember org-remember
org-datetree org byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile org-footnote org-src
org-list org-faces org-compat org-macs noutline outline config-w3m w3m
browse-url doc-view jka-compr image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb
w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util mime-w3m
w3m-load savehist epa-file epa derived epg epg-config auth-source dired
gnus-async nntp gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
format-spec gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail
regexp-opt ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader canlock sha1 sha1-el hex-util
hashcash gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util netrc time-date
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit info easymenu usage-memo desktop
midnight punycode idna mybest-theme edmacro kmacro eev-thierry iterator
eev-all eev-mini-steps eev-browse-url eev-langs eev-compose eev-glyphs
disp-table eev-insert eev-steps eev-bounded eev easy-mmode advice
help-fns advice-preload cl cl-19 site-gentoo w3m-wget preview-latex
tex-site auto-loads tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Thierry Volpiatto
Gpg key: http://pgp.mit.edu/