Subject: 24.5; git pull in eshell works incorrectly (with servo repository)

From: Sum Proxy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 09:29:26 +0300

Clone servo’s repository https://github.com/servo/servo.git, make a git pull in eshell
and you should see how the last line blinks (as if the newline is alternately added
and removed from shell output). This doesn’t look like proper behavior.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.21)
 of 2015-04-10 on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1404
Configured using:
 `configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp''

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: EShell

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  window-numbering-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
History item: 5943
(New file)
Wrote /Users/SumProxy/exercism/ruby/luhn/luhn.rb
C-c C-g is undefined
Mark set
End of buffer
Auto-saving...done
End of buffer
Auto-saving...done
History item: 5924

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(pcmpl-linux ido nndraft nnmh nnfolder utf-7 rfc2104 nnimap parse-time
utf7 netrc gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp gnus-cache
gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader rect shell
sh-script smtpmail mailalias executable vc-git bs shadow sort mail-extr
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe jka-compr find-func apropos
cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit pp emacsbug sendmail rx racer s
ucs-normalize pcmpl-unix misearch multi-isearch mule-util mm-archive
message cl-macs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils network-stream
starttls url-http tls mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
url-gw url-cache url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
url-vars finder-inf quail help-mode ruby-mode smie undo-tree diff
window-numbering em-unix em-term term disp-table ehelp em-script
em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic
em-banner em-alias pcomplete esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext
esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util
multi-compile compile comint ansi-color rust-mode company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags ring company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb company-racer
deferred cl gv thingatpt company pcase edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib
neotree advice help-fns solarized-light-theme solarized dash info
easymenu package epg-config time-date tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 496024 82071)
 (symbols 48 40562 115)
 (miscs 40 9172 10366)
 (strings 32 93850 22276)
 (string-bytes 1 2513465)
 (vectors 16 64458)
 (vector-slots 8 1716852 59501)
 (floats 8 355 1267)
 (intervals 56 4533 351)
 (buffers 960 36))