Subject: bug#23286: closed (Re: Hunting #23286: Unable to unlock xscreensaver in Xfce)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 11:54:02 +0000

Your bug report

#23286: Unable to unlock xscreensaver in Xfce

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
23286: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23286
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: Hunting #23286: Unable to unlock xscreensaver in Xfce
From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
To: Albin <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 12:53:17 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear Albin,

On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 at 21:40, Albin <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'm not using GNU Guix anymore so I'm afraid I can't answer your question.

I am sad to learn that you had switched to another system.

Well, because it was tagged 'moreinfo' on Monday April, 18th 2016 --
almost 4 years ago -- and the last activity was on May, 23rd 2016; and
the user that reported the issue -- probably local to their own
configuration -- does not run Guix anymore; and because the screen
locking service seems working elsewhere, then I am closing this bug.

Fell free to reopen it if you hit it again.

All the best,
simon

> > [1] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23286

Subject: Unable to unlock xscreensaver in Xfce
From: Albin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 23:16:31 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

I just installed the xscreensaver package in Xfce and added it to
autostart.  I also enabled the screen lock from the xscreensaver-demo
window.  Now, if I manually run xflock4 or leave the computer alone for
a couple of minutes the screensaver starts and when I move the mouse the
unlock box appears with this text:

XscreenSaver 5.35
My hostname
Authentication failed!
My username
[OK]

Any keyboard or mouse button input just closes the unlock box and the
screensaver resumes.  I'm able to escape, however, by pressing
ctrl+alt+F2 to open a new TTY from where it's possible to log in and
shut down the computer.

Albin