Subject: 25.0.92; Cannot input 'Y' with dired-do-query-replace-regexp

From: Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 22:49:42 +0200

I cannot get dired-do-query-replace-regexp to replace all remaining
matches in all remaining buffers. To reproduce:

    $ for f in bar baz; do echo foo > $f; done
    $ emacs -Q .                                # works with -nw as well

    m m                 (mark bar and baz)
    Q oo RET aa RET     (replace "foo" with "faa")
    Y

At this point, with Emacs 24-5, 'Y' would, as the help suggests,
"replace all remaining matches in all remaining buffers with no more
questions".

With Emacs 25, 'Y' replaces one match in file bar, then leaves point
after "faa". File baz is left untouched.

There is also an *xref* buffer that pops up, with which I cannot do
anything:

- inputting 'g' yields "revert-buffer--default: Buffer does not seem to
  be associated with any file";
- inputting 'r oo RET aa RET' yields "user-error: Search results out of
  date".

If there is anything I can add to help reproduce and/or debug, please
let me know.

Thank you for your time!

Kévin Le Gouguec

In GNU Emacs 25.0.92.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
 of 2016-03-12 built on nc10-laptop
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description: BunsenLabs GNU/Linux 8.4 (Hydrogen)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-xwidgets --with-x-toolkit=gtk3'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XWIDGETS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 86545 7234)
 (symbols 24 19614 0)
 (miscs 20 45 138)
 (strings 16 14179 3839)
 (string-bytes 1 410620)
 (vectors 8 12273)
 (vector-slots 4 433725 4118)
 (floats 8 167 42)
 (intervals 28 190 8)
 (buffers 520 11)
 (heap 1024 41754 803))