Subject: bug#23284: 25.0.92; Cannot input 'Y' with dired-do-query-replace-regexp

From: Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 16:46:28 +0200

Thanks! I cloned the repository, checked emacs-25 out and compiled:
dired-do-find-regexp-and-replace now behaves just like
dired-do-query-replace-regexp, so the issue seems resolved!

To be very nitpicky, I still notice one difference (other than the xref
buffer popping up):

When dired-do-query-replace-regexp finishes, it prints "All files
processed" in the minibuffer. Looking at the *Messages* buffer, I see
that before that, it actually printed "Replaced n occurrence(s)" for
every file it visited.

dired-do-find-regexp-and-replace does not print "All files processed",
so all the user sees in the minibuffer is "Replaced n occurrence(s)",
where n is the number of matches in the last processed file.

It is pretty minor of course, although for a second it did make me doubt
whether all files had been processed.

My observations on the xref buffer were indeed unrelated to the problem.
I was just trying to showcase everything I could think of to work around
the bug, and hopefully, provide more symptoms to ease debugging.