Subject: bug#23284: 25.0.92; Cannot input 'Y' with dired-do-query-replace-regexp

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 03:43:17 +0300

On 04/13/2016 11:49 PM, Kévin Le Gouguec wrote:

> With Emacs 25, 'Y' replaces one match in file bar, then leaves point
> after "faa". File baz is left untouched.

This should be fixed now in emacs-25 with commit 
922c7a3e48e649ad67bd12b1f83343b730dd1bc4. Thanks again for the report.

 > - inputting 'r oo RET aa RET' yields "user-error: Search results out 
 > of date".

I've changed this to simply use `message' for now. The query-replace 
will skip over outdated xrefs and offer to replace the up-to-date ones.

We've previously discussed visualizing and automatically skipping the 
ones you've already answered the question about, but I'm not 100% sure 
yet which approach to use, so it's probably out of scope for 25.1.

> There is also an *xref* buffer that pops up, with which I cannot do
> anything:
>
> - inputting 'g' yields "revert-buffer--default: Buffer does not seem to
>   be associated with any file";

Eli, should we consider this complaint a 25.1 blocker as well? It should 
be reasonably easy to resolve/implement.