Subject: bug#23279: closed (Re: bug#23279: display mucks up)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 13:08:02 +0000

Your bug report

#23279: display mucks up

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
23279: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23279
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#23279: display mucks up
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 14:07:20 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

<[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> I have not seen this bug for a long time. Close it
>
> R

Thanks for reporting back. Closing the bug now.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: display mucks up
From: Rob Dunne <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 14:51:05 +1000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list
and the GNU bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org.  Please check that
the From: line contains a valid email address.  After a delay of up
to one day, you should receive an acknowledgment at that address.

Please write in English if possible, as the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators for other languages.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and
the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give a recipe
starting from `emacs -Q':

emacs -Q
load a file
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
\documentclass[11pt]{article}

#type C-k on this line, twice

\begin{document}
\end{document}
stuff
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type C-k on the line indicated, twice. The file now looks like
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
\documentclass[11pt]{article}

stuff
stuff
stuff
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dam. It is now happening in this buffer as well. Highlighting the
display restores the text

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.7)
 of 2014-03-08 on lamiak, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description:    Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_AU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> C-x C-f <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> b u <tab> <return> <down> <down>
C-k <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement>
<drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x k <return>
y e s <return> <down> C-x C-f <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> b u <tab> <return> <down> <return> <return>
<return> <up> # <backspace> % t y p e SPC C = k SPC
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> - k SPC o n SPC
t h i s SPC l i n e <up> <down> C-a C-k C-k C-x u <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
C-x u C-x u C-x u <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> SPC SPC - - SPC t w i c e C-a C-k C-k <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-k C-k <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement>
<drag-mouse-1> <delete> <return> <return> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> # t y p e SPC c _ l <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C - k SPC o n SPC t h i s
SPC l i n e SPC <backspace> , SPC t w i c e <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> C-x C-s <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> C-k C-k
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x
k <return> y e s <return> <escape> x r e <tab> p <tab>
o <tab> r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
byte-code: End of buffer
Undo!
Redo!
Undo! [2 times]
Auto-saving...done
Saving file /home/dun280/bug.tex...
Wrote /home/dun280/bug.tex
Making completion list... [3 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode easymenu tex-mode compile shell
pcomplete comint ansi-color ring latexenc time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)