Subject: bug#23256: vlc not building after update to ffmpeg 3.0

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 23:52:58 +0300

On Sat, Apr 09, 2016 at 02:21:39PM -0500, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:
> vlc is failing to build after the update recently to ffmpeg 3.0.  I
> verified that it builds prior to this change.
> 
> Should we include an older version of ffmpeg to build vlc with for now?
> Or should we try to figure out what to do to to get vlc to build with
> ffmpeg 3.0?  Maybe for now we should do the former for the aim of the latter.
> 

vlc-2.2.2 depends on an update to qt-5.6 which we haven't been able to
do yet.

I seems we have a number of programs that don't currently build with
ffmpeg-3.0, so including 2.8.6 and using that version for the programs
that need it is probably a good idea.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted