Subject: 25.0.92; M-< and M-> don't work with Croatian keyboard

From: Josko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 15:17:30 +0000

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 25.0.92; M-< and M-> don't work with Croatian keyboard
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2016 17:00:39 +0200
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
--text follows this line--

With Croatian (HRV) keyboard active, instead of executing commands
beginning-of-buffer and end-of-buffer, M-< and M-> just insert
'<' and '>' characters in most (but not all) buffers.
C-h k M-< gives: '< runs the command self-insert-command' in all user
buffers open with C-x C-f.
Also, in '*GNU Emacs and '*About GNU Emacs*' buffers M-< gives '< is undefined'.
In the following buffers it works correctly:
*Help*, *Messages*, *Buffer List*, *Bug Help*

With e.g. Spanish keyboard which has exactly the same <> key
postion (next to Left Shift) everything works OK. Also with US keyboard.
No problems with CRO(HRV) keyboard in Emacs 24.5 either.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.92.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2016-03-31 built on LEG570
Repository revision: df441b362c25c4ad59ea3d83137328d0d4098eaf
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 'configure --host=i686-pc-mingw32'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: HRV
  locale-coding-system: cp1250

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set [2 times]
Quit
< is undefined
> is undefined

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 90293 6364)
 (symbols 32 19631 0)
 (miscs 32 80 118)
 (strings 16 15807 4101)
 (string-bytes 1 430167)
 (vectors 8 12493)
 (vector-slots 4 437628 5702)
 (floats 8 160 79)
 (intervals 28 276 44)
 (buffers 516 12))