Subject: Re: bug#23251: 25.0.92; M-< and M-> don't work with Croatian keyboard

From: Ilya Zakharevich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 20:40:36 -0700

Just in case somebody may try to use this table:

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 10:37:13PM -0700, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> Also, on Czech-QUERTY, the following characters allow AltGr access
> (“A-” below) at the “US layout locations”; together with
> Czech-layout-specific keypresses, this creates duplication as (AFAIK):
> 
>   Primary:	US-!    US-`    A-US-_  A-US-:  US-<     US--     A-US--
>   Secondary:	A-US-+  A-US-;  US-?    US->    A-US-?   A-US-=   US-/
>   Produce:	+       ;       _       :       ?        =        -

I got this table (what is primary/secondary) by inspecting the
output of MSKLC.  Turned out one cannot trust this output: MSKLC
reports not the current table in the layout, but what it thinks is a
“reasonable representation” (reordering keys, which is WRONG!).

Doing experiments with the buggy Emacs (and with a fixed one ;-) I see
that the actual table is much more reasonable (with one apparent bug
 — see `=´ — uncovered ;-):

  Primary:      US-!    US-`    US-?	US->	US-<     A-US-=	  US-/
  Secondary:    A-US-+  A-US-;  A-US-_  A-US-:	A-US-?   US--	  A-US--
  Produce:      +       ;       _       :       ?        =        -

Yours,
Ilya