Subject: bug#23246: 25.0.92; Local face-remapping-alist doesn't affect tooltips

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2016 22:34:50 +0300

> From: Artur Malabarba <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2016 16:22:11 -0300
> 
>     (setq x-gtk-use-system-tooltips nil)
>     (add-text-properties (point-min) (point-max) '(help-echo "OKOK"))
>     (face-remap-add-relative 'tooltip '((:foreground "blue")))
> 
> 4. Tooltips displayed are NOT blue.

Why did you expect them to be blue?  Tooltips are special frames that
don't display any buffer, whereas face-remap-add-relative is
documented as affecting only the buffer that was current at the time
it was called.

More generally, face remapping is designed to allow buffer-local
changes to faces.  If you want to affect the way tooltips are
displayed, you should instead customize the 'tooltip' face or the
parameters in 'tooltip-frame-parameters'.

IOW, I don't see any bug here.