Subject: 24.5; Gnus startup error

From: "B.V. Raghav" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2016 16:23:50 +0530

I have used gnus successfully in the recent past. But there is an error
now. Here is the backtrace from `emacs -Q' and subsequently `M-x
eval-buffer' on `~/.gnus.el', and `M-x gnus':

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
>   gnus-range-difference((nil . 52) nil)
>   nnimap-update-info(("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.debian-enterprise" 3 ((1 . 52)) ((reply 1 12) (unexist 11)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "4") (uidvalidity . "1288022918") (active 1 . 52) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft NonJunk unknown-0 %*))) (nil nil nil nil 53 nil not-scanned "1288022918" nil nil))
>   nnimap-update-infos((("INBOX.debian-enterprise" nil nil nil nil 53 nil not-scanned "1288022918" nil nil) ("INBOX.Trash" nil nil nil nil 4 nil not-scanned "1288022913" nil nil) ("INBOX.StatCounter" nil nil nil nil 1 nil not-scanned "1288022919" nil nil) ("INBOX.Spam" nil nil nil nil 1 nil not-scanned "1288022924" nil nil) ("INBOX.old-messages" nil nil nil nil 762 nil not-scanned "1288022917" nil nil) ("INBOX.StatCounter.ICS Careers" nil nil nil nil 74 nil not-scanned "1288022920" nil nil) ("INBOX.Sent" (108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ...) ((gnus-forward 167 173 181 197 200) (%Answered 137 203) (%Seen 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ...)) 208 108 209 108 not-scanned "1288022916" nil nil) ("INBOX.Junk" nil nil nil nil 220 nil not-scanned "1288022914" nil "5") ("INBOX.Drafts" nil nil nil nil 67 nil not-scanned "1288022915" nil nil) ("INBOX.Archives.2013" nil nil nil nil 2 nil not-scanned "1288022923" nil nil) ("INBOX.Archives.2011" nil nil nil nil 17 nil not-scanned "1288022921" nil nil) ("INBOX.Archives" nil nil nil nil 1 nil not-scanned "1288022922" nil nil) ("INBOX" nil nil nil nil 1029 nil not-scanned "1288022912" nil nil)) (("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.debian-enterprise" 3 ((1 . 52)) ((reply 1 12) (unexist 11)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "4") (uidvalidity . "1288022918") (active 1 . 52) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft NonJunk unknown-0 %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Trash" 3 ((1 . 3)) ((unexist (1 . 2))) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "2") (uidvalidity . "1288022913") (active 1 . 3) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.StatCounter" 3 nil ((unexist)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022919") (active 1 . 0) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Spam" 3 nil ((unexist)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022924") (active 1 . 0) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.old-messages" 3 ((1 . 761)) ((reply (30 . 31) 33 37 41 47 56 59 (66 . 68) 76 78 88 (92 . 93) 96 101 103 106 110 117 132 138 169 189 192 (200 . 203) (205 . 206) 218 304 433 (581 . 583) 694 741 751 758) (unexist 17 19 22 (233 . 234) (238 . 242) 257 260 263 (276 . 279) (281 . 284) 286 (288 . 295) (297 . 300) (329 . 335) (356 . 357) 399 (401 . 405) 420 (435 . 437) (472 . 473) 523)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "7") (uidvalidity . "1288022917") (active 1 . 761) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft unknown-0 unknown-2 unknown-3 NonJunk Junk %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.StatCounter.ICS Careers" 3 ((1 . 73)) ((unexist 16)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "4") (uidvalidity . "1288022920") (active 1 . 73) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft NonJunk $MDNSent %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Sent" 3 ((1 . 208)) ((unexist 12 187) (seen 208) (forward 167 173 181 197 200) (reply 5 51 101 103 137 203)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq) (uidvalidity . "1288022916") (active 1 . 208) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft $MDNSent $Forwarded gnus-forward %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Junk" 3 ((1 . 219)) ((unexist (1 . 219))) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022914") (active 1 . 219) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Drafts" 3 ((1 . 66)) ((unexist (1 . 66))) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022915") (active 1 . 66) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Archives.2013" 3 (1) ((unexist 1)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022923") (active 1 . 1) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Archives.2011" 3 ((1 . 16)) ((unexist)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "3") (uidvalidity . "1288022921") (active 1 . 16) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft NonJunk %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Archives" 3 nil ((unexist)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022922") (active 1 . 0) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX" 3 ((1 . 1028)) ((reply 1014 1016 1020) (unexist (1 . 999) 1019)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "2") (uidvalidity . "1288022912") (active 1 . 1028) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*)))))
>   nnimap-finish-retrieve-group-infos("r-bvr" (("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.debian-enterprise" 3 ((1 . 52)) ((reply 1 12) (unexist 11)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "4") (uidvalidity . "1288022918") (active 1 . 52) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft NonJunk unknown-0 %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Trash" 3 ((1 . 3)) ((unexist (1 . 2))) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "2") (uidvalidity . "1288022913") (active 1 . 3) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.StatCounter" 3 nil ((unexist)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022919") (active 1 . 0) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Spam" 3 nil ((unexist)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022924") (active 1 . 0) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.old-messages" 3 ((1 . 761)) ((reply (30 . 31) 33 37 41 47 56 59 (66 . 68) 76 78 88 (92 . 93) 96 101 103 106 110 117 132 138 169 189 192 (200 . 203) (205 . 206) 218 304 433 (581 . 583) 694 741 751 758) (unexist 17 19 22 (233 . 234) (238 . 242) 257 260 263 (276 . 279) (281 . 284) 286 (288 . 295) (297 . 300) (329 . 335) (356 . 357) 399 (401 . 405) 420 (435 . 437) (472 . 473) 523)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "7") (uidvalidity . "1288022917") (active 1 . 761) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft unknown-0 unknown-2 unknown-3 NonJunk Junk %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.StatCounter.ICS Careers" 3 ((1 . 73)) ((unexist 16)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "4") (uidvalidity . "1288022920") (active 1 . 73) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft NonJunk $MDNSent %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Sent" 3 ((1 . 208)) ((unexist 12 187) (seen 208) (forward 167 173 181 197 200) (reply 5 51 101 103 137 203)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq) (uidvalidity . "1288022916") (active 1 . 208) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft $MDNSent $Forwarded gnus-forward %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Junk" 3 ((1 . 219)) ((unexist (1 . 219))) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022914") (active 1 . 219) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Drafts" 3 ((1 . 66)) ((unexist (1 . 66))) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022915") (active 1 . 66) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Archives.2013" 3 (1) ((unexist 1)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022923") (active 1 . 1) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Archives.2011" 3 ((1 . 16)) ((unexist)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "3") (uidvalidity . "1288022921") (active 1 . 16) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft NonJunk %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Archives" 3 nil ((unexist)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022922") (active 1 . 0) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX" 3 ((1 . 1028)) ((reply 1014 1016 1020) (unexist (1 . 999) 1019)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "2") (uidvalidity . "1288022912") (active 1 . 1028) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*)))) ((52 qresync nil "INBOX" qresync)))
>   gnus-finish-retrieve-group-infos((nnimap "r-bvr" (nnimap-address "mail.bvraghav.com")) (("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.debian-enterprise" 3 ((1 . 52)) ((reply 1 12) (unexist 11)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "4") (uidvalidity . "1288022918") (active 1 . 52) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft NonJunk unknown-0 %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Trash" 3 ((1 . 3)) ((unexist (1 . 2))) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "2") (uidvalidity . "1288022913") (active 1 . 3) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.StatCounter" 3 nil ((unexist)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022919") (active 1 . 0) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Spam" 3 nil ((unexist)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022924") (active 1 . 0) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.old-messages" 3 ((1 . 761)) ((reply (30 . 31) 33 37 41 47 56 59 (66 . 68) 76 78 88 (92 . 93) 96 101 103 106 110 117 132 138 169 189 192 (200 . 203) (205 . 206) 218 304 433 (581 . 583) 694 741 751 758) (unexist 17 19 22 (233 . 234) (238 . 242) 257 260 263 (276 . 279) (281 . 284) 286 (288 . 295) (297 . 300) (329 . 335) (356 . 357) 399 (401 . 405) 420 (435 . 437) (472 . 473) 523)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "7") (uidvalidity . "1288022917") (active 1 . 761) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft unknown-0 unknown-2 unknown-3 NonJunk Junk %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.StatCounter.ICS Careers" 3 ((1 . 73)) ((unexist 16)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "4") (uidvalidity . "1288022920") (active 1 . 73) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft NonJunk $MDNSent %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Sent" 3 ((1 . 208)) ((unexist 12 187) (seen 208) (forward 167 173 181 197 200) (reply 5 51 101 103 137 203)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq) (uidvalidity . "1288022916") (active 1 . 208) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft $MDNSent $Forwarded gnus-forward %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Junk" 3 ((1 . 219)) ((unexist (1 . 219))) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022914") (active 1 . 219) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Drafts" 3 ((1 . 66)) ((unexist (1 . 66))) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022915") (active 1 . 66) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Archives.2013" 3 (1) ((unexist 1)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022923") (active 1 . 1) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Archives.2011" 3 ((1 . 16)) ((unexist)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "3") (uidvalidity . "1288022921") (active 1 . 16) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft NonJunk %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Archives" 3 nil ((unexist)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022922") (active 1 . 0) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX" 3 ((1 . 1028)) ((reply 1014 1016 1020) (unexist (1 . 999) 1019)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "2") (uidvalidity . "1288022912") (active 1 . 1028) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*)))) ((52 qresync nil "INBOX" qresync)))
>   gnus-read-active-for-groups((nnimap "r-bvr" (nnimap-address "mail.bvraghav.com")) (("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.debian-enterprise" 3 ((1 . 52)) ((reply 1 12) (unexist 11)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "4") (uidvalidity . "1288022918") (active 1 . 52) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft NonJunk unknown-0 %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Trash" 3 ((1 . 3)) ((unexist (1 . 2))) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "2") (uidvalidity . "1288022913") (active 1 . 3) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.StatCounter" 3 nil ((unexist)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022919") (active 1 . 0) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Spam" 3 nil ((unexist)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022924") (active 1 . 0) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.old-messages" 3 ((1 . 761)) ((reply (30 . 31) 33 37 41 47 56 59 (66 . 68) 76 78 88 (92 . 93) 96 101 103 106 110 117 132 138 169 189 192 (200 . 203) (205 . 206) 218 304 433 (581 . 583) 694 741 751 758) (unexist 17 19 22 (233 . 234) (238 . 242) 257 260 263 (276 . 279) (281 . 284) 286 (288 . 295) (297 . 300) (329 . 335) (356 . 357) 399 (401 . 405) 420 (435 . 437) (472 . 473) 523)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "7") (uidvalidity . "1288022917") (active 1 . 761) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft unknown-0 unknown-2 unknown-3 NonJunk Junk %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.StatCounter.ICS Careers" 3 ((1 . 73)) ((unexist 16)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "4") (uidvalidity . "1288022920") (active 1 . 73) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft NonJunk $MDNSent %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Sent" 3 ((1 . 208)) ((unexist 12 187) (seen 208) (forward 167 173 181 197 200) (reply 5 51 101 103 137 203)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq) (uidvalidity . "1288022916") (active 1 . 208) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft $MDNSent $Forwarded gnus-forward %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Junk" 3 ((1 . 219)) ((unexist (1 . 219))) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022914") (active 1 . 219) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Drafts" 3 ((1 . 66)) ((unexist (1 . 66))) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022915") (active 1 . 66) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Archives.2013" 3 (1) ((unexist 1)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022923") (active 1 . 1) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Archives.2011" 3 ((1 . 16)) ((unexist)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "3") (uidvalidity . "1288022921") (active 1 . 16) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft NonJunk %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX.Archives" 3 nil ((unexist)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "1") (uidvalidity . "1288022922") (active 1 . 0) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*))) ("nnimap+r-bvr:INBOX" 3 ((1 . 1028)) ((reply 1014 1016 1020) (unexist (1 . 999) 1019)) "nnimap:r-bvr" ((modseq . "2") (uidvalidity . "1288022912") (active 1 . 1028) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*)))) ((52 qresync nil "INBOX" qresync)))
>   gnus-get-unread-articles(nil nil)
>   gnus-setup-news(nil nil nil)
>   byte-code("\204..	\204..\306 \210\202L.\307\310!\210\311\n!.\f\204...\203!.\312 \210\313\314..#\210\307\315!\210..\2036.\316\317\320\"\210\321 \210\322..!\210\323 \210\324\325!\210\326 \210\307\327!\210\314\207" [dont-connect did-connect gnus-startup-file gnus-current-startup-file gnus-slave gnus-use-dribble-file gnus-group-quit gnus-run-hooks gnus-startup-hook gnus-make-newsrc-file gnus-dribble-read-file gnus-setup-news nil gnus-setup-news-hook gnus-request-create-group "queue" (nndraft "") gnus-start-draft-setup gnus-group-list-groups gnus-group-first-unread-group gnus-configure-windows group gnus-group-set-mode-line gnus-started-hook level gnus-agent] 4)
>   gnus-1(nil nil nil)
>   gnus(nil)
>   call-interactively(gnus record nil)
>   command-execute(gnus record)
>   execute-extended-command(nil "gnus")
>   call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
>   command-execute(execute-extended-command)

Here is the gnus config that I had used:

> (setq user-main-address "[email-masked]")
> (setq user-full-name "B.V. Raghav")
> (setq mail-from-style 'angles)

> (setq gnus-select-method
>       '(nntp "gnus.user"
> 	     (nntp-address
> 	      "news.gmane.org")
> 	     ))
> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
> 	     '((nnimap "r-bvr"
> 		      (nnimap-address "mail.bvraghav.com"))))

> (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
> 	     '(nnimap "i" ; primary email
> 		      (nnimap-address "newmailhost.cc.iitk.ac.in")
> 		      ))

> (setq gnus-fetch-old-headers nil)

> (setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
> (setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
> (setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "smtp.cc.iitk.ac.in")
> (setq smtpmail-local-domain "iitk.ac.in")
> (setq smtpmail-sendto-domain "iitk.ac.in")

> (setq gnus-posting-styles
>       '((".*"
>          (name "B.V. Raghav")
>          (address "<USERNAME>@iitk.ac.in")
>          (organization "Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur")
>          (signature-file "~/.signature.gnus")
>          ("Gcc" "nnimap+i:INBOX.Sent")
>          )))

Does any of this make sense?

Thanks,

-- 

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2016-01-22 on binet, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11801000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing-updates (sid)

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IN
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Entering debugger...
Making completion list...
Quit
Auto-saving...
gnutls.c: [0] (Emacs) fatal error: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
Mark set
M-? is undefined
Making completion list... [3 times]
Quit
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail debug help-mode nndraft nnmh
utf-7 nnimap utf7 nnfolder parse-time netrc gnutls network-stream
auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv
eieio-core starttls tls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime
smime password-cache dig mailcap nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum nnoo
gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr wid-edit cl-loaddefs
cl-lib time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 147611 15509)
 (symbols 48 25942 0)
 (miscs 40 92 252)
 (strings 32 34477 4614)
 (string-bytes 1 1169325)
 (vectors 16 18637)
 (vector-slots 8 495832 9911)
 (floats 8 229 538)
 (intervals 56 528 251)
 (buffers 960 26)
 (heap 1024 52009 5068))

-- 
(B.V. Raghav)