Subject: bug#23233: 25.0.92; Crash after doing much work in Proof General

From: John Wiegley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 22:08:53 -0700

I'm not sure how helpful this report is going to be, but:

These days I configure with the following flags:

           [ "--with-ns" "--disable-ns-self-contained"
             "--enable-checking=yes"
             "--enable-check-lisp-object-type=yes" ]

And pass -O0 -g3 to make.  I also run under lldb, to catch any exceptions.

After using Emacs (built just today) for many hours, I found myself needing to
kill a Coq buffer, which apparently prompted a GC.  It was during this GC that
it died.

Nothing that I was doing was out of the ordinary for me, and Emacs has been
running strong for weeks, so there's a subtle edge case here that I'm unable
to reduce into something smaller.

I'm reporting this in case it's something that can be gleaned from reading the
trace.  Otherwise, feel free to close and I will keep looking for a pattern.

    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/137615/info.txt

-- 
John Wiegley                  GPG fingerprint = 4710 CF98 AF9B 327B B80F
http://newartisans.com                          60E1 46C4 BD1A 7AC1 4BA2