Subject: bug#23232: 24.5; problems with colored escapes in eshell

From: Sum Proxy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 20:27:16 +0300

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.21)
 of 2015-04-10 on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1404
Configured using:
 `configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp''

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: EShell

Minor modes in effect:
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  window-numbering-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Checking 261 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/gnus...
Checking 57 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/eshell...
Checking 70 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc...
Checking 34 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emulation...
Checking 151 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp...
Checking 24 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/cedet...
Checking 57 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/calendar...
Checking 87 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/calc...
Checking 111 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/obsolete...
Checking for load-path shadows...done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe
jka-compr find-func apropos cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit pp
emacsbug sendmail rx racer s ucs-normalize pcmpl-unix misearch
multi-isearch mule-util mm-archive message cl-macs format-spec rfc822
mml mml-sec mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-utils network-stream starttls url-http tls mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url-cache url-auth url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core gnus-util
mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars finder-inf quail help-mode
ruby-mode smie undo-tree diff window-numbering em-unix em-term term
disp-table ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob
em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias pcomplete esh-var esh-io
esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell
esh-module esh-mode esh-util multi-compile compile comint ansi-color
rust-mode company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags ring
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb
company-racer deferred cl gv thingatpt company pcase edmacro kmacro
cl-loaddefs cl-lib neotree advice help-fns solarized-light-theme
solarized dash info easymenu package epg-config time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 396111 49024)
 (symbols 48 33115 0)
 (miscs 40 1330 1172)
 (strings 32 69375 19657)
 (string-bytes 1 1717187)
 (vectors 16 54503)
 (vector-slots 8 1542637 141482)
 (floats 8 184 534)
 (intervals 56 2861 589)
 (buffers 960 19))

Eshell produces extra characters with colored input on Mac OS X version
of emacs (24.5.1) eshell (2.4.2). Appears in the context of interacting
with rust-lang related cli tools like rustc and cargo
the characters added are => ^[(B