Subject: Re: bug#23225: 25.1.50; url-retrieve-synchronously having trouble with some https URLs

From: Chunyang Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 21:59:05 +0800

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 9:36 PM, Noam Postavsky <
[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 8:54 AM, Chunyang Xu <[email-masked]>
wrote:
>> On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 8:47 PM, Noam Postavsky
>> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> Do you get any interesting error messages after applying Tao Fang's
patch?
>>
>> (display-buffer
>>  (url-retrieve-synchronously "https://example.com"))
>>
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error connection-failed "deleted
>> " :host "example.com" :service 443)
>>   signal(error (connection-failed "deleted\n" :host "example.com"
:service 443))
>
> "deleted\n"? That's weird. What do you get in *Messages* after
> increasing gnutls-log-level?

after setting it to 2

Contacting host: example.com:443
gnutls.c: [1] (Emacs) connecting to host: example.com
gnutls.c: [1] (Emacs) allocating credentials
gnutls.c: [2] (Emacs) allocating x509 credentials
gnutls.c: [2] (Emacs) using default verification flags
gnutls.c: [audit] There was a non-CA certificate in the trusted list:
O=Entrust.net,OU=www.entrust.net/CPS_2048 incorp. by ref. (limits
liab.),OU=(c) 1999 Entrust.net Limited,CN=Entrust.net Certification
Authority (2048).

gnutls.c: [1] (Emacs) gnutls callbacks
gnutls.c: [1] (Emacs) gnutls_init
gnutls.c: [1] (Emacs) got non-default priority string: NORMAL
gnutls.c: [1] (Emacs) setting the priority string
gnutls.c: [audit] Note that the security level of the Diffie-Hellman key
exchange has been lowered to 256 bits and this may allow decryption of the
session data

gnutls.c: [2] WRITE: -1 returned from 0x12, errno: 57

gnutls.c: [1] (Emacs) fatal error: Error in the push function.
gnutls.c: [2] WRITE: -1 returned from 0x12, errno: 57

gnutls.c: [1] (Emacs) fatal error: Error in the push function.
gnutls.c: [2] WRITE: -1 returned from 0x12, errno: 57

gnutls.c: [1] (Emacs) fatal error: Error in the push function.
gnutls.c: [2] WRITE: -1 returned from 0x12, errno: 57

gnutls.c: [1] (Emacs) fatal error: Error in the push function.
gnutls.c: [1] (Emacs) fatal error: The specified session has been
invalidated for some reason. [5998 times]
gnutls.c: [2] (Emacs) Deallocating x509 credentials
progn: peculiar error: "deleted
", :host, "example.com", :service, 443