Subject: Re: bug#23224: 25.0.92; Can xref-find-references work without a "project"?

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 02:08:54 +0300

On 04/06/2016 08:08 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> I don't know anything about project.el and its users, so I wasn't sure
> such a change won't break something.  But if you say it's okay, I'll
> stop worrying.

project.el users are an unknowable bunch, so far. This change is 
unlikely to break anything, it just might make using project commands 
more "magical", possibly not in a good way. Let's just wait for feedback.

>> If 'transient' doesn't sound great, alternative suggestions welcome.
>
> "ad-hoc"?

The other options I had: temporary, and simple. But I wanted to 
emphasize the fact that the user will be asked for the project's 
directory every time they'll try to use a project-related command.

Anyway, you're welcome to change the name, retouch the newly updated 
docstring, etc.

> Please go ahead and push.  Thanks.

Done, and closing.