Subject: bug#23207: 25.1.50; file-notify event restarts the idle timer

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2016 19:53:56 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I agree for dbus-event. Don't know whether we need it also for
>> config-changed-event, my naïve gut feeling tells me that this doesn't
>> happen very often. Maybe somebody else knows better.
>
> Why does frequency matter here?

I have no strict preferences. So we could check also for config-changed-event.

> Anyway, I think we should simply check all the special events that are
> not user events here.  If they don't have a binding in
> special-event-map, then the test will always fail.
>
> What about focus-in/out events?  Or xwidget-event?

focus-in/out events sound like triggered by a user action. So it is OK
to restart an idle-timer. My Emacs hasn't compiled them in.

For xwidget-event, I don't know whether it is based on a user action, or
something else. My Emacs isn't compiled with it.

OTOH, my Emacs knows ns-unput-working-text and ns-put-working-text in
special-event-map. Is that OK? I'm running Emacs on GNU/Linux.

Best regards, Michael.