Subject: Re: bug#23199: XFCE is missing documentation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 10:25:52 +0000

In my opinion this bug can be closed due to WONTFIX from
upstream at this URL:

> https://docs.xfce.org/contribute/documentation

quote:

>> Documentation
>> Introduction
>> Since Xfce 4.10 there are no application manuals in the
>> packages. Reason for this change is that hardly any
>> documentation was contributed over the years mainly because
>> people had problems with the various formats (docbook and
>> mallard) or with the complexity of the VCS1). 
>>
>> To make the documentation barrier lower it was decided to start
>> a documentation wiki where contributors, developers and
>> translators can work on good and up-to-date documentation. 
>>
>> From the various dialogs and links in the Xfce applications,
>> we redirect to the sections in this wiki.

So, we won't see any offline Documentation here. I've looked at
3 other OS before reading this, and none of the do anything
different wrt Manual including/excluding.

With this in mind, I'm closing the bug report.
-- 
ng0 :: https://ea.n0.is
A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588 :: https://ea.n0.is/keys/