Subject: Re: bug#23196: GNOME "Sharing" settings is blank

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2022 00:44:06 +0100

Hi,

Is this old bug [1] from 2016 still happening?

1: <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/23196>

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 at 10:08, zimoun <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 at 11:28, Leo Prikler <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> The Sharing dialog now consists of two buttons, which at least change
>> some settings, along with the text field, that is still blank.  That
>> being said, I am far from able to assert, that this functions as
>> intended; apparently, there should be more settings[1], and those that
>> we do have don't seem to work either.
>
> [...]
>
>> On a related note, the tracker service, which is required by GNOME
>> Music and optional for rygel seems to be missing and manually starting
>> it while having tracker enabled in (2) leads to a trap instruction.
>
> I see.  Let mark it as important and hope for a fix in the next Gnome
> round. :-)

The next Gnome round happened, I guess.  Therefore, is it still an
issue?

Cheers,
simon