Subject: bug#23195: GNOME help does not work

From: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2016 14:19:17 -0700

Hi,

I'm using GuixSD v0.10.0 with GNOME.  I've noticed that "help" does not
work.  Specifically, I've observed the following:

* Pressing F1 in any application does not work.  Sometimes (e.g., in the
  GNOME terminal) you get an error message saying something like "There
  was an error displaying help / Operation not supported".  Sometimes
  (e.g., in icecat) nothing at all happens.

* If you run the "Help" application (you can find it in the dashboard
  under "Show Applications"), you get an error:

    Document Not Found
    The URI ‘help:gnome-help/index’ does not point to a valid page.
    Search for packages containing this document.

I know that GNOME documentation is available on the Internet, but it
would be nice if the built-in GNOME worked, too.  What do we need to do
to make it work?  How can I investigate further why it is not working?

-- 
Chris