Subject: Re: bug#23172: Please report this ?

From: Mathieu Lirzin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 18:49:36 +0200

Hello,

"Clay Hansen" <[email-masked]> writes:

> When my build script made automake, it failed and said "please report this".
> But https://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Reporting-Bugs.html
> implies that I need to already know what the problem is enough to judge
> it as buggy behavior so I can scour the archives for previous reports and
> replicate it in a minimal build.
> I think this is a bug in your bug reporting system.

The test suite failure is a valid "bug" in itself.

> But I will attach the test suite log in case you want it.
> There was a bunch of yacc fails.
> I am using vanilla salix wherein /usr/bin/yacc is a link to /usr/bin/bison.
> I needed automake for aclocal-1.15 because my mpfr-3.1.3 build with both
> gcc-4.7.4 and gcc-5.3.0 is suddenly crying for its lack.

If mpfr 3.1.3 requires aclocal then there is a bug in mpfr distribution
process.

Regarding the 'yacc' related test suite failures, it seems that 'Make'
tries to find the .c files before bison generates them.  I haven't been
able to reproduce this on my machine (fedora 25) with GNU Make 4.1 and
GNU Bison 3.0.4

-- 
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37