Subject: 25.1.50; Overwritten parent keymap of image-mode-map

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 01:32:15 +0200

Hello!

in commit 378d138e64e9389e277e95528c143dc2456727a5, "Make image commands
available in image-mode", Lars added `image-map' as parent keymap for
`image-mode-map'.  But `image-mode-map' already inherited from
`special-mode-map' - and still does, but AFAIK a keymap can only inherit
from one parent map, so this is just overwritten.

As a user visible change, for example the q key for quitting doesn't
work any more.  It seems to me that this wasn't intended.

Thanks,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.3 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2016-03-31 built on drachen
Repository revision: 09462b95484ebf75899c64e8ddb7ffce50ef6ca0
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11802000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (stretch)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11