Subject: Re: bug#23163: 25.1.50; w32-lwindow-modifier "unset" while running GDB

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 09:14:59 +0200

> Does it help if you add
 > (w32-register-hot-key [H-])
 > after the (global-set-key ...) line in your .emacs?

No.  Even worse, this breaks my ahk settings: Here, for example,
C-H-M-left is bound (via ahk) to a script that makes any Windows window
occupy the left half of my display.  This allows XP do what Aero does
later and also binds it to a different key, because Windows 7 broke my
old standard Emacs binding for S-H-up (or whatever old binding Aero was
usurping here, I don't recall at the moment).  It's not sufficient for
me to rebind keys in Emacs only - keys for resizing Windows windows must
be obviously uniform.

I believe the problem I see with GDB is due to refocussing during
debugging.  More precisely, the binding is hidden only _after_ I start
running an Emacs instance via GDB, the Windows window of the debugged
Emacs instance pops up, a breakpoint gets hit and I manually refocus the
Windows window of the debugging Emacs instance (using the mouse or
Alt-TAB, for example) in order to continue debugging.  The binding is
restored as soon as I quit GDB.

Please tell me if you have problems understanding this description (I
might have omitted some crucial detail).

Thanks, martin