Subject: bug#23162: closed (Re: bug#23162: 25.0.50; issue with seq.el)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 08:11:02 +0000

Your bug report

#23162: 25.0.50; issue with seq.el

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
23162: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23162
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#23162: 25.0.50; issue with seq.el
From: Nicolas Petton <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>, Mrinmoy Das <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 10:10:12 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Nicolas, could you please have a look at this?  AFAIK you already
> changed that in the lisp/emacs-lisp/seq.el version in master?

I pushed a fix in ELPA, so I'm closing this issue.

Nico

Subject: 25.0.50; issue with seq.el
From: Mrinmoy Das <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 22:08:07 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is the first time I am sending a bug-report, please bear with
me, incase I dont follow the protocols :-)

seq-2.14.tar (https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/seq.html), has a file
seq-25.el, where line 64 contains this
```
(require 'cl-extra) ;; for cl-subseq
```

Due to this line I was getting this error on startup
```
Lisp error: (error Recursive require for feature cl-extra)
```

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin14.4.0, NS appkit-1348.17
Version 10.10.4 (Build 14E46))
 of 2015-07-24 on Mrinmoys-MacBook-Air.local
Repository revision: 8e03731cb9083330939b2c9b2d3318f32e93e41d
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1404
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/info/emacs --without-dbus
 --without-gnutls --with-rsvg --with-imagemagick --with-ns
 --disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
JPEG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK NOTIFY ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  which-key-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  keyfreq-autosave-mode: t
  keyfreq-mode: t
  rainbow-identifiers-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  persp-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  flyspell-lazy-mode: t
  jabber-activity-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading /Users/goromlagche/.emacs.d/hipchat.el (source)...done
Loading /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/custom.el.gz...
uncompressing custom.el.gz...done
Loading /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/custom.el.gz...done
Loading /Users/goromlagche/.emacs.d/misc_conf.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/goromlagche/.emacs.d/org_conf.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/goromlagche/.emacs.d/basic.el (source)...done
Starting new Ispell process aspell with en_GB-ize dictionary...
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
You can run the command `toggle-frame-fullscreen' with <f11>

Load-path shadows:
/Users/goromlagche/.emacs.d/.cask/25.0.50.1/elpa/cask-20151123.528/cask
hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cask
/Users/goromlagche/.emacs.d/.cask/25.0.50.1/elpa/cask-20151123.528/cask-bootstrap
hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cask-bootstrap

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail ido-completing-read+ hideshow
zenburn-theme which-key linum autorevert filenotify hl-line delsel
elec-pair battery time server org_conf org-habit org-agenda org-clock
org-capture org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs misc_conf keyfreq
elm-mode elm-interactive elm-font-lock elm-indent elm-format elm-tags
elm-util inf-haskell haskell-decl-scan imenu haskell-mode haskell-cabal
haskell-utils haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation haskell-string
haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme haskell-align-imports haskell-compat
haskell-complete-module noutline outline flymake etags xref project
dabbrev haskell-customize let-alist rainbow-identifiers color
rainbow-delimiters circe lui-irc-colors irc make-tls-process lcs
lui-format lui tracking shorten paren circe-compat jka-compr
persp-projectile perspective projectile grep ibuf-ext ibuffer thingatpt
web-mode disp-table flx-ido flx flyspell ispell flyspell-lazy hipchat
jabber jabber-notifications notifications jabber-libnotify dbus
jabber-awesome jabber-osd jabber-wmii jabber-xmessage jabber-festival
jabber-sawfish jabber-ratpoison jabber-tmux jabber-screen jabber-socks5
jabber-ft-server jabber-si-server jabber-ft-client jabber-ft-common
jabber-si-client jabber-si-common jabber-feature-neg jabber-truncate
jabber-time jabber-autoaway jabber-vcard-avatars jabber-chatstates
jabber-events jabber-vcard jabber-avatar jabber-activity jabber-watch
jabber-modeline jabber-ahc-presence jabber-ahc jabber-version
jabber-ourversion jabber-muc-nick-completion hippie-exp jabber-browse
jabber-search jabber-register jabber-roster jabber-presence jabber-muc
jabber-bookmarks jabber-private jabber-muc-nick-coloring hexrgb
jabber-widget jabber-disco jabber-chat jabber-history jabber-chatbuffer
jabber-alert jabber-iq jabber-core jabber-console sgml-mode ewoc
jabber-keymap jabber-sasl sasl sasl-anonymous sasl-login sasl-plain fsm
jabber-logon jabber-conn srv dns starttls tls gnutls jabber-xml
jabber-menu jabber-util twittering-mode url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap elfeed-show message idna rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader shr dom elfeed-db elfeed-lib avl-tree
elfeed-search bookmark pp wid-edit elfeed url-queue browse-url url-parse
url-vars xml-query xml smex ido rubocop flycheck find-func rx subr-x
auto-complete-config auto-complete popup ag vc-svn find-dired tramp
tramp-compat auth-source eieio eieio-core gnus-util password-cache
tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete format-spec elscreen byte-opt
dired exec-path-from-shell custom_keybindings custom_functions no_git
hs-lint compile comint ansi-color ring epa-file epa derived epg
use-package cl diminish bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra seq cconv
bind-key easy-mmode advice edmacro kmacro info cask cl-seq cl-macs gv
cask-bootstrap package-build mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu
mail-prsvr json lisp-mnt shut-up epl git commander cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib f dash s ucs-normalize finder-inf package epg-config time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote gfilenotify cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 650621 41390)
 (symbols 48 50038 0)
 (miscs 40 128 398)
 (strings 32 151365 34759)
 (string-bytes 1 5842361)
 (vectors 16 93191)
 (vector-slots 8 2043840 133155)
 (floats 8 9636 3283)
 (intervals 56 467 125)
 (buffers 976 14))