Subject: bug#23160: 24.4; woman doesn't show manuel in correct way

From: Enis Özgen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 04:48:51 +0300

--text follows this line--

low priority bug report

woman does not show correct man page. It is not readable

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
of 2015-03-07 on trouble, modified by Debian
System Description:    Debian GNU/Linux 8.3 (jessie)

Configured using:
`configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
--sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
--mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
--build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
--libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
--infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
--with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
-Werror=format-security -Wall' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Important settings:
value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.utf8
value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.utf8
value of $LC_TIME: en_US.utf8
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
tooltip-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC x w o m a n RET t m u x RET ESC x e m a c s TAB
TAB TAB r e TAB TAB C-a C-k r e p o TAB r t TAB RE
T

Recent messages:
Loading term/xterm...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Building list of manual directory expansions...
Building completion list of all manual topics...
uncompressing tmux.1.gz...done
WoMan formatting buffer...
woman-decode-region: WoMan can only format man pages written with the usual `-man' macros
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode disp-table view jka-compr woman
man easymenu cl-loaddefs cl-lib ansi-color xterm time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 122756 6222)
(symbols 48 18698 0)
(miscs 40 36 103)
(strings 32 22232 4118)
(string-bytes 1 475512)
(vectors 16 8210)
(vector-slots 8 358308 24692)
(floats 8 70 579)
(intervals 56 227 19)
(buffers 960 14)
(heap 1024 41840 709))

--

Saygılar,

Enis Özgen