Subject: bug#23156: closed (Re: bug#23156: 24.5; Allow vc-git annotate command options to be altered easily)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 01:24:02 +0000

Your bug report

#23156: 24.5; Allow vc-git annotate command options to be altered easily

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
23156: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23156
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#23156: 24.5; Allow vc-git annotate command options to be altered easily
From: Óscar Fuentes <[email-masked]>
To: Dave Rolsky <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 03:23:15 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dave Rolsky <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Is this good enough?
> Yes, this is great!

Ok, closing the bug report.

Subject: 24.5; Allow vc-git annotate command options to be altered easily
From: Dave Rolsky <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 17:20:43 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

It'd be nice to be able to easily alter the options passed to "git
annotate".

The default value of "-C -C" makes this incredibly slow in large code
bases with many files.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2015-11-08 on houseabsolute.urth.org
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Quit
Buffer "*Annotate QueueTester.pm (rev dave/rename-service-to-service_interface)*" has a running process; kill it? (y or n) n
Quit
Mark set
Quit
Buffer "*Annotate QueueTester.pm (rev dave/rename-service-to-service_interface)*" has a running process; kill it? (y or n) y
Making completion list... [3 times]
Mark saved where search started [3 times]
uncompressing vc-git.el.gz...done
Mark saved where search started

Load-path shadows:
/home/autarch/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-20160315.246/helm-multi-match hides /home/autarch/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-core-20160315.246/helm-multi-match
/home/autarch/.emacs.d/elpa/cperl-mode-20140309.122/cperl-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/progmodes/cperl-mode

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils jka-compr dired-aux
vc-annotate mule-util log-view pcvs-util sgml-mode dired diff-mode vc
vc-dispatcher imenu go-mode url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap find-file
ffap url-parse url-vars markdown-mode derived thingatpt noutline outline
easy-mmode misearch multi-isearch help-mode cperl-mode perl6-detect
exec-path-from-shell edmacro kmacro vc-svn vc-git vc-hg paren tramp
tramp-compat auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
tramp-loaddefs cl-macs trampver shell pcomplete format-spec php-mode
advice help-fns cl gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib speedbar sb-image ezimage
dframe etags flymake compile comint ansi-color ring add-log cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs server image-file anchored-transpose-autoloads
android-mode-autoloads cperl-mode-autoloads fold-dwim-autoloads
go-mode-autoloads info easymenu less-css-mode-autoloads
nginx-mode-autoloads rx plsql-autoloads puppetfile-mode-autoloads
tidy-autoloads package epg-config time-date tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 279430 23393)
 (symbols 48 32783 0)
 (miscs 40 162 1272)
 (strings 32 63173 10855)
 (string-bytes 1 1936337)
 (vectors 16 29537)
 (vector-slots 8 974293 69159)
 (floats 8 105 439)
 (intervals 56 7618 0)
 (buffers 960 32)
 (heap 1024 65373 3292))