Subject: Re: New iteration on the Emacs homepage

From: Nicolas Petton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 10:08:16 +0200

Yoni Rabkin <[email-masked]> writes:

> As long as we are on this topic, someone has just pointed out to me (on
> #fsf IRC) that the CSS files are being served from third-party servers,
> namely:
>
> https://code.cdn.mozilla.net/fonts/fira.css
> https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.5.0/css/font-awesome.min.css

I removed the second one (it was unused).

> I feel like it would be better if those CSS files would be served from
> fsf-controlled URLs like static.fsf.org, so that the FSF has control
> over them.

I can do that.

> This would have the additional benefit of not leaking information about
> anyone visiting fsf.org to third-parties.

But it has a cost too: it won't be served by the Mozilla CDN, and we'll
have to maintain this file.

Nico