Subject: bug#23152: New iteration on the Emacs homepage

From: Yoni Rabkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 13:46:35 -0400

Nicolas Petton <[email-masked]> writes:

> Yoni Rabkin <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> The new emacs site at www.gnu.org/software/emacs links to
>> emacsrocks.com. But emacsrocks.com has non-free javascript on it in the
>> form of Google Analytics.
>>
>> From the source of emacsrocks.com:
>
> It has just been removed.

As long as we are on this topic, someone has just pointed out to me (on
#fsf IRC) that the CSS files are being served from third-party servers,
namely:

https://code.cdn.mozilla.net/fonts/fira.css
https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.5.0/css/font-awesome.min.css

I feel like it would be better if those CSS files would be served from
fsf-controlled URLs like static.fsf.org, so that the FSF has control
over them.

This would have the additional benefit of not leaking information about
anyone visiting fsf.org to third-parties.

-- 
   "Cut your own wood and it will warm you twice"