Subject: 25.1.50; New python3.5 keywords (e.g. async, await) cause incorrect indents

From: MINJUN XI <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 10:55:30 +0800

I am using elpy on emacs, so coding would be easy. However, when I am
working with python3.5, the newly-introduced keywords (e.g. async,
await) cannot get the correct indents. At first, I raised one bug for
elpy, https://github.com/jorgenschaefer/elpy/issues/848, and get the
response from the author, who says the identation is provided by the
Emacs' built-in python mode. As a result, I have to raise the bug to
emacs, thank you!

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin15.2.0, NS appkit-1404.34 Version 10.11.2 (Build 15C50))
of 2016-01-10 built on rmbp.local
Repository revision: 384cf23c6ed05e1f151032958a2cc2bb8100344b
Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD
--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/info/emacs --with-xml2
--without-dbus --without-gnutls --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
JPEG NOTIFY ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Python

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  highlight-indentation-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  elpy-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
[yas] Loading compiled snippets from /Users/minjun/.emacs.d/elpa/elpy-20150830.510/snippets/python-mode
Loading /Users/minjun/.emacs.d/elpa/elpy-20150830.510/snippets/python-mode/.yas-setup...done
[yas] Loading for `python-mode', just-in-time: (lambda nil (yas--load-directory-1 (quote /Users/minjun/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20151011.1823/snippets/python-mode) (quote python-mode)))!
[yas] Loading compiled snippets from /Users/minjun/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20151011.1823/snippets/python-mode
Loading /Users/minjun/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20151011.1823/snippets/python-mode/.yas-setup...done
(New file)
Can’t guess python-indent-offset, using defaults: 4
next-line: End of buffer [2 times]
Auto-saving...done
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
/Users/minjun/.emacs.d/elpa/flymake-0.4.16/flymake hides /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/25.1.50/lisp/progmodes/flymake

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
company-files company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-cmake
company-xcode company-clang company-eclim company-template company-css
company-nxml company-bbdb term/xterm xterm hydandata-light-theme
sourcegraph easy-mmode shr dom subr-x browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap paren linum yasnippet cl highlight-indentation flymake
cc-defs company edmacro kmacro elpy pyvenv elpy-refactor python tramp-sh
tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete format-spec
advice ido grep compile comint ansi-color files-x etags xref project
ring cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit finder-inf info json map seq
package epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv
eieio-loaddefs gnus-util time-date mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 295530 14103)
(symbols 48 29584 0)
(miscs 40 173 412)
(strings 32 49644 7954)
(string-bytes 1 1487081)
(vectors 16 43910)
(vector-slots 8 801686 2901)
(floats 8 681 779)
(intervals 56 492 206)
(buffers 976 16))

Best Regards,
Minjun Xi
Beijing Tuye Technologies