Subject: bug#23146: grep 2.24: tests broken with --program-prefix

From: Christian Weisgerber <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 23:21:32 +0200

In GNU grep 2.24 and earlier, the regression tests

  help-version
  reversed-range-endpoints

fail if grep is built with a program prefix (I use --program-prefix=g).

---------- help-version.log ----------
/usr/obj/ggrep-2.24/grep-2.24/tests/../src/egrep[2]: ggrep: not found
/usr/obj/ggrep-2.24/grep-2.24/tests/../src/egrep[2]: ggrep: not found
/usr/obj/ggrep-2.24/grep-2.24/tests/../src/fgrep[2]: ggrep: not found
/usr/obj/ggrep-2.24/grep-2.24/tests/../src/fgrep[2]: ggrep: not found
/usr/obj/ggrep-2.24/grep-2.24/tests/../src/egrep[2]: ggrep: not found
/usr/obj/ggrep-2.24/grep-2.24/tests/../src/egrep[2]: ggrep: not found
/usr/obj/ggrep-2.24/grep-2.24/tests/../src/fgrep[2]: ggrep: not found
/usr/obj/ggrep-2.24/grep-2.24/tests/../src/fgrep[2]: ggrep: not found
/usr/obj/ggrep-2.24/grep-2.24/tests/../src/egrep[2]: ggrep: not found
/usr/obj/ggrep-2.24/grep-2.24/tests/../src/egrep[2]: ggrep: not found
/usr/obj/ggrep-2.24/grep-2.24/tests/../src/fgrep[2]: ggrep: not found
/usr/obj/ggrep-2.24/grep-2.24/tests/../src/fgrep[2]: ggrep: not found
/usr/obj/ggrep-2.24/grep-2.24/tests/../src/egrep[2]: ggrep: not found
FAIL: egrep
/usr/obj/ggrep-2.24/grep-2.24/tests/../src/fgrep[2]: ggrep: not found
FAIL: fgrep
FAIL help-version (exit status: 1)

---------- reversed-range-endpoints.log ----------
--- exp	Mon Mar 28 22:46:48 2016
+++ out	Mon Mar 28 22:46:48 2016
@@ -1 +1 @@
-Invalid range end
+/usr/obj/ggrep-2.24/grep-2.24/tests/../src/egrep[2]: ggrep: not found
FAIL reversed-range-endpoints (exit status: 1)

-- 
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          [email-masked]