Subject: Re: bug#23132: Grafted system retains references to original store items

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 13:55:09 -0400

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> The gnome-session store item above was created by a grafting derivation,
>> and all of the ones that follow (starting with glib-2.46.1-bin) are
>> ungrafted derivations.  The grafting derivation for gnome-session failed
>> to include a mapping for glib-2.46.1-bin.
>
> I suppose this is on a private branch, right?

Yes, but see <https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23132#14>
where I reproduce the same problem from commit ffc13e753b on the master
branch.  From now on, I will use that commit during the investigation of
this bug.

> What does “guix build glib” produce?  Is the “bin” output of “glib”
> correctly grafted?

It produces:

/gnu/store/1my476c628x9kxa6pf2jlw8mhdlvr8xr-glib-2.46.1
/gnu/store/yw2yjlc1mgb4ga6m28nazxwjfh1d2p1n-glib-2.46.1-bin
/gnu/store/mm05frzzxa55kl062c4qp44qli00jnm4-glib-2.46.1-doc

which do not contain any references to the original openssl.  I think
that glib-2.46.1-bin might refer to the old perl, though.

In any case, the grafted 'glib-2.46.1-bin' above is not the one that
gnome-session refers to, and the mapping in gnome-session's
guile-builder does not include any replacement for glib:bin.

> Could you send
> /gnu/store/60a5vinj56nhxzszfyayjjy61b303c8r-gnome-session-3.18.1.2-guile-builder?

Instead, I'll send the builder for gnome-session for i686-linux from
commit ffc13e753b, which is:

  /gnu/store/sivy5ycg2pgncahyikrqfk60cvfg0vam-gnome-session-3.18.1.2,

produced by:

  /gnu/store/99pcj42dc8w1pvv7xngm1ns1yf896ckk-gnome-session-3.18.1.2.drv

with builder:

  /gnu/store/1rl6yiapmir0fsiw7ncpna3bjdqhj4pk-gnome-session-3.18.1.2-guile-builder

which contains:

      Mark