Subject: bug#23131: switch-to-buffer-other-frame problem

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 16:46:24 +0200

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> Therefore: 1) was it introduced deliberately? If so, why? (if the code
>>> was the code made more complex by introducing a special case rather
>>> than simplifiying it, doubly why?)
>>>
>>> And: 2) this behaviour is not documented. My understanding is that
>>> documentation omissions are considered bugs.
>>
>> Juri, what do you think?
>
> This change was discussed here where you can see all arguments pro and contra:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/93054/focus=95497

So I think this works as designed.  We could perhaps mention
`read-buffer-to-switch' in the interactive case in the doc strings, but
I think that's a level of detail that'd just be counter-productive, so
I'd rather not, and I'm closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no