Subject: Re: bug#23130: 25.1.50; `C-h f' etc.: escaping in symbol names

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2022 17:30:59 +0100

Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> The following characters are always escaped in a symbol:
>>>
>>> 		if (c == '\"' || c == '\\' || c == '\''
>>> 		    || c == ';' || c == '#' || c == '(' || c == ')'
>>> 		    || c == ',' || c == '.' || c == '`'
>>> 		    || c == '[' || c == ']' || c == '?' || c <= 040
>>> 		    || c == NO_BREAK_SPACE
>>
>> But why "."?
>
> Because it is special to the reader.

Is it special to the reader inside a symbol?  I'm trying to come up with
an example and failing.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no