Subject: 25.0.92; pcvs calls format-time-string with timezone 'utc.

From: [email-masked] (Peder O. Klingenberg)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 23:44:41 +0200

>From 'emacs -Q':

(require 'pcvs)
(cvs-fileinfo-from-entries "/some/cvscontrolled/file.txt")

Gives the backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Invalid time zone specification" utc)
  format-time-string("%c" (22264 16191 0 0) utc)
  cvs-fileinfo-from-entries("/Users/pok/test/cvscheckout/test.txt")
  eval((cvs-fileinfo-from-entries "/Users/pok/test/cvscheckout/test.txt") nil)
  elisp--eval-last-sexp(nil)
  eval-last-sexp(nil)
  funcall-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil)
  call-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil nil)
  command-execute(eval-last-sexp)

I ran into this while working in a CVS tree at work, where I use a
combination of PCL-CVS and ordinary vc.  It is also reproducible from -Q
by calling cvs-examine on a checked out repository, followed by visiting
a cvs-controlled file.

format-time-string seems to have changed in 2015, while the call in
pcl-info.el is unchanged since 2003.  I didn't dig into the history, but
I guess the signature changed at some point, perhaps from interpreting
non-nil as utc to requiring exactly t.

The fix is easy enough, s/'utc/t/ on line 468 of pcvs-info.el.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.92.2 (x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0, NS appkit-1348.17 Version 10.10.5 (Build 14F1713))
 of 2016-03-27 built on modesty
Repository revision: c8b868b1e2532aa07dbf4959798dbdc52ea9b5d5
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1348
Configured features:
RSVG DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_NO
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  linum-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Checking /Users/pok/.setupfiles/elisp/... [15 times]
Checking /Users/pok/.setupfiles/elisp/macros...
Checking /Users/pok/.setupfiles/elisp/mmm-mode-0.4.7... [13 times]
Checking /Users/pok/.setupfiles/elisp/rexx-mode... [4 times]
Checking /Users/pok/.setupfiles/elisp/rexx-mode/rxnq...
Done (Total of 0 files compiled, 29 skipped in 3 directories)
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epg gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils linum paren paredit
pok-init org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys
ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs gedcom slime-autoloads reftex
reftex-vars edmacro kmacro ido seq byte-opt cl-macs server dmacro cl gv
compile comint ansi-color ring bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib cconv finder-inf tex-site info package easymenu
epg-config time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win ucs-normalize
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 278907 9641)
 (symbols 48 29149 0)
 (miscs 40 93 180)
 (strings 32 46866 8283)
 (string-bytes 1 1509211)
 (vectors 16 42421)
 (vector-slots 8 757783 2771)
 (floats 8 239 6)
 (intervals 56 285 17)
 (buffers 976 13))