Subject: 24.3; format-message, phyton.el in GNU ELPA doesn't specify that it is required Emacs 25

From: david lopez villegas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 14:37:16 +0200

--text follows this line--

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function format-message)
  (format-message "Add `%s' clause? " name)
  (let* ((name (symbol-name name)) (function-name (intern (concat
"python-skeleton--" name))) (msg (format-message "Add `%s' clause? "
name))) (if (not skel) (progn (setq skel (cons (quote <) (cons (format
"%s:" name) (quote (n n > _ n))))))) (cons (quote define-skeleton)
(cons function-name (cons (or doc (format "Auxiliary skeleton for %s
statement." name)) (cons nil (cons (cons (quote unless) (cons ...
...)) skel))))))
  (closure (python-shell--interpreter-args python-shell--interpreter
outline-heading-end-regexp view-return-to-alist t) (name doc &optional
&rest skel) "Define a `python-mode' auxiliary skeleton using NAME DOC
and SKEL.\nThe skeleton will be bound to python-skeleton-NAME." (let*
((name (symbol-name name)) (function-name (intern (concat
"python-skeleton--" name))) (msg (format-message "Add `%s' clause? "
name))) (if (not skel) (progn (setq skel (cons (quote <) (cons (format
"%s:" name) (quote ...)))))) (cons (quote define-skeleton) (cons
function-name (cons (or doc (format "Auxiliary skeleton for %s
statement." name)) (cons nil (cons (cons ... ...) skel)))))))(else
nil)
  (python-define-auxiliary-skeleton else nil)
  eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*-689492> nil
"/home/user-name/.emacs.d/elpa/python-0.25.1/python.el" nil t)  ;
Reading at buffer position 170847
  load-with-code-conversion("/home/user-name/.emacs.d/elpa/python-0.25.1/python.el"
"/home/user-name/.emacs.d/elpa/python-0.25.1/python.el" nil t)
  require(python)
  eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil
"/home/user-name/.emacs.d/elpa/elpy-1.11.0/elpy.el" nil t)  ; Reading
at buffer position 1541
  load-with-code-conversion("/home/user-name/.emacs.d/elpa/elpy-1.11.0/elpy.el"
"/home/user-name/.emacs.d/elpa/elpy-1.11.0/elpy.el" nil t)
  command-execute(elpy-config record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "elpy-config")
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.7)
 of 2014-03-07 on lamiak, modified by Debian
System Description:	Trisquel GNU/Linux 7.0, Belenos

Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: es_ES.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n RET C-v C-v C-u C-u C-n C-n
C-n C-p TAB C-p C-p TAB RET C-u C-n C-u C-n C-u C-n
C-f C-f C-n C-n RET C-v n C-v C-x ESC C-g C-x 3 C-x
o ESC x r e TAB p o TAB r TAB RET

Recent messages:
("emacs")
Loading 00debian-vars...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50cmake-data.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50dictionaries-common.el (source)...
Loading /var/cache/dictionaries-common/emacsen-ispell-dicts.el (source)...
Error while loading 50dictionaries-common: Symbol's value as variable
is void: debian-aspell-only-dictionary-alist
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/cmake-data/cmake-mode hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/home/user-name/.emacs.d/elpa/company-0.8.12/.dir-locals hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals