Subject: bug#23126: closed (Re: bug#23126: 24.3; format-message, phyton.el in GNU ELPA doesn't specify that it is required Emacs 25)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 22:49:02 +0000

Your bug report

#23126: 24.3; format-message, phyton.el in GNU ELPA doesn't specify that it is required Emacs 25

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
23126: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23126
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#23126: 24.3; format-message, phyton.el in GNU ELPA doesn't specify that it is required Emacs 25
From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>, david lopez villegas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 18:48:01 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: elpa/python-0.25.2

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 8:19 AM, Noam Postavsky
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> I've pushed to master now (2f523c15801), I'll close
> the bug after the new python.el shows up in ELPA.

The fixed version is now being served from ELPA.

Subject: 24.3; format-message, phyton.el in GNU ELPA doesn't specify that it is required Emacs 25
From: david lopez villegas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 14:37:16 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

--text follows this line--

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function format-message)
  (format-message "Add `%s' clause? " name)
  (let* ((name (symbol-name name)) (function-name (intern (concat
"python-skeleton--" name))) (msg (format-message "Add `%s' clause? "
name))) (if (not skel) (progn (setq skel (cons (quote <) (cons (format
"%s:" name) (quote (n n > _ n))))))) (cons (quote define-skeleton)
(cons function-name (cons (or doc (format "Auxiliary skeleton for %s
statement." name)) (cons nil (cons (cons (quote unless) (cons ...
...)) skel))))))
  (closure (python-shell--interpreter-args python-shell--interpreter
outline-heading-end-regexp view-return-to-alist t) (name doc &optional
&rest skel) "Define a `python-mode' auxiliary skeleton using NAME DOC
and SKEL.\nThe skeleton will be bound to python-skeleton-NAME." (let*
((name (symbol-name name)) (function-name (intern (concat
"python-skeleton--" name))) (msg (format-message "Add `%s' clause? "
name))) (if (not skel) (progn (setq skel (cons (quote <) (cons (format
"%s:" name) (quote ...)))))) (cons (quote define-skeleton) (cons
function-name (cons (or doc (format "Auxiliary skeleton for %s
statement." name)) (cons nil (cons (cons ... ...) skel)))))))(else
nil)
  (python-define-auxiliary-skeleton else nil)
  eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*-689492> nil
"/home/user-name/.emacs.d/elpa/python-0.25.1/python.el" nil t)  ;
Reading at buffer position 170847
  load-with-code-conversion("/home/user-name/.emacs.d/elpa/python-0.25.1/python.el"
"/home/user-name/.emacs.d/elpa/python-0.25.1/python.el" nil t)
  require(python)
  eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil
"/home/user-name/.emacs.d/elpa/elpy-1.11.0/elpy.el" nil t)  ; Reading
at buffer position 1541
  load-with-code-conversion("/home/user-name/.emacs.d/elpa/elpy-1.11.0/elpy.el"
"/home/user-name/.emacs.d/elpa/elpy-1.11.0/elpy.el" nil t)
  command-execute(elpy-config record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "elpy-config")
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.7)
 of 2014-03-07 on lamiak, modified by Debian
System Description:	Trisquel GNU/Linux 7.0, Belenos

Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: es_ES.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n RET C-v C-v C-u C-u C-n C-n
C-n C-p TAB C-p C-p TAB RET C-u C-n C-u C-n C-u C-n
C-f C-f C-n C-n RET C-v n C-v C-x ESC C-g C-x 3 C-x
o ESC x r e TAB p o TAB r TAB RET

Recent messages:
("emacs")
Loading 00debian-vars...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50cmake-data.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50dictionaries-common.el (source)...
Loading /var/cache/dictionaries-common/emacsen-ispell-dicts.el (source)...
Error while loading 50dictionaries-common: Symbol's value as variable
is void: debian-aspell-only-dictionary-alist
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/cmake-data/cmake-mode hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/home/user-name/.emacs.d/elpa/company-0.8.12/.dir-locals hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals