Subject: unrecognized file system type 0x794c7630 for ‘/var/log/auth.log’. please report this to [email-masked]. reverting to polling

From: "Adrian Bone" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 20:26:55 +0800

Got this message after typing   tail -f /var/log/auth.log

Running kali 2.00 64bit live boot from USB.  Have not noticed any
problems.

tail: unrecognized file system type 0x794c7630 for
‘/var/log/auth.log’. please report this to [email-masked].
reverting to polling
^C
root@kali:~/Downloads# mount
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=1322988k,mode=755)
/dev/sdb1 on /lib/live/mount/medium type iso9660 (ro,noatime)
/dev/loop0 on /lib/live/mount/rootfs/filesystem.squashfs type squashfs
(ro,noatime)
tmpfs on /lib/live/mount/overlay type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
overlay on / type overlay
(rw,noatime,lowerdir=//filesystem.squashfs/,upperdir=/live/overlay//rw,workdir=/live/overlay//work)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs
(rw,nosuid,size=10240k,nr_inodes=821668,mode=755)
securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts
(rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
tmpfs on /run/lock type tmpfs
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k)
tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,release_agent=/lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-agent,name=systemd)
pstore on /sys/fs/pstore type pstore (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls,net_prio type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,net_cls,net_prio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,blkio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,perf_event)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices)
systemd-1 on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type autofs
(rw,relatime,fd=29,pgrp=1,timeout=0,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct)
hugetlbfs on /dev/hugepages type hugetlbfs (rw,relatime)
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime)
binfmt_misc on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /run/user/0 type tmpfs
(rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=661496k,mode=700)
gvfsd-fuse on /run/user/0/gvfs type fuse.gvfsd-fuse
(rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)
/dev/sdb2 on /media/root/Kali Live type vfat
(rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=utf8,shortname=mixed,showexec,utf8,flush,errors=remount-ro,uhelper=udisks2)
/dev/sdc1 on /media/root/USB DISK type vfat
(rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=utf8,shortname=mixed,showexec,utf8,flush,errors=remount-ro,uhelper=udisks2)
root@kali:~/Downloads# uname -a
Linux kali 4.3.0-kali1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.3.3-5kali4 (2016-01-13)
x86_64 GNU/Linux