Subject: bug#23124: closed (Re: bug#23124: Two minibuffer resize related bugs)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 15:26:02 +0000

Your bug report

#23124: Two minibuffer resize related bugs

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
23124: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23124
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#23124: Two minibuffer resize related bugs
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 18:25:13 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 10:38:59 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked]
> 
>  > Is there something else to do wrt this bug report?
> 
> I don't think so.

OK, closing.

> Thanks again for the fix, martin

Thanks for identifying the culprit, which made the analysis easy.

Subject: Two minibuffer resize related bugs
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: Bug-Gnu-Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 17:34:12 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Sorry for the slightly contrived way these bugs are described.  I'm
working on them already for a couple of days and even smallest changes
to the scenario below makes them disappear.  To reproduce proceed as
follows:

(1) Save the attached foo.el file somewhere and make its first line match
     the location where you stored it.

(2) Start Emacs with the options -Q and -l to load foo.el.

(3) Type C-x 5 2.

(4) Go back to the initial frame, move to the end of the last non-empty
     line after ";; (bar)" and type C-x C-e.

At this moment "nothing" happens here (Bug#1).  When I now switch (via
Alt TAB) to the new frame (the one created via C-x 5 2), the message
appears there.  When I now type C-p in the new frame, the minibuffer
window shrinks back but the space previously occupied by the modeline of
the window above is not redrawn, hence I get two modelines above each
other (Bug#2).

Bug#1 can be observed here on the Gtk3, Lucid and Windows builds, Bug#2
only on Lucid and Windows.  Bugs appear for both, Emacs-25 and master.

Note that Bug#1 does not appear, for example, when I display a one line
message, when the new frame displays a different buffer, or when point
in the new frame is not a EOB.

I should be eventually able to track this down but if someone beats me
to it or has any ideas ...

martin